Brushing your teeth is an important part of any dental hygiene routine. Your local dentists at Smile Workshop Denton want to take a moment to go over theses brushing tips to increase the effectiveness of your preventative dental care routine so your teeth stay healthy and your smile stays brilliant.
Getting Started with Preventative Dental Care
Before going over the best brushing practices, take a moment to make sure to go over these helpful ideas to make the most out of your dental hygiene.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush. The size and shape of your brush should fit your mouth allowing you to easily reach all areas of your mouth.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months, or once the bristles start to fray. A worn out toothbrush won’t do a very good job of cleaning teeth.
Helpful List of Brushing Tips
Now you are ready to start brushing. Follow these easy steps for the best way to keep those pearly whites, white.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
Of course, making sure to brush your teeth is only a part of a rigorous dental hygiene routine.
- Clean between teeth once a day by flossing. Tooth decay-causing bacteria, plaque and food still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach.
- Eat a balanced diet that limits sugary beverages and snacks.
- See your dentist regularly for prevention and treatment of oral disease.
Talk to your local dentists at Smile Workshop about what types of dental products will be most effective for you. The ADA Seal lets you know if what you are looking at has met ADA safety standards. Have any more questions on preventative dental care? Give us a call or schedule an appointment today!
Image Sourced from Getty Images: #856163390