When you need emergency dental care, trust Smile Workshop
No one plans to have a toothache or broken tooth, but when these and similar problems happen, you want — and need — top-quality care right away. At Smile Workshop, we offer complete emergency dental care for patients of all ages. And with 14 locations in DFW, San Antonio and Amarillo it’s a lot easier to get the care you need when you need it from a name you can trust.
What types of problems are dental emergencies?
- Tooth pain
- Swollen gums
- Cuts and lacerations to your lips or gums
- Broken, chipped tooth or loose tooth or implant
- Broken, damaged or lost veneer, crown or denture
- A tooth that’s knocked out
- Excess pain, sensitivity, swelling or bleeding following a dental treatment
- Object lodged in your teeth
- Jaw-related problems
- Any issue that affects your ability to eat, talk, open or close your mouth
What do I do if I break a tooth?
What should I do if a tooth is knocked out?
If the tooth is whole and healthy, it might be able to be replanted — but you need to seek care immediately. Rinse the tooth with water, touching only the crown or top part of the tooth. Do not touch the root, since damaging it could prevent the tooth from being replanted. Put the tooth back in the socket if you can; if you can’t place it in a container of milk and call us immediately or head directly to Smile Workshop our office or the emergency room if it’s after hours.
Do I need to book an appointment for emergency care?
- If you have a very serious issue that needs immediate care, calling us ahead of time means we can be ready for you when you arrive so delays are avoided. In some cases, we might even recommend heading right to the emergency room.
- Some issues don’t require same-day care. Calling ahead enables us to assess your problem and schedule you for the next available appointment, while also providing you with the guidance you need to relieve pain and other symptoms until you come in.
Of course, if you have a dental emergency and you can’t call, you should come to Smile Workshop our office right away for an evaluation. If your emergency occurs outside of regular hours and you aren’t able to call us, heading to a local emergency room is the best option.