Smile Workshop is here to make sure you leave our office with a beautiful smile after every visit. Orthodontic treatment can correct long-term dental problems that develop over time. Braces have evolved over the years to make orthodontic treatment as smooth and gentle as possible. However, there are still some things you should know about what to do or what not to do when you have braces:
- Do go to each Smile Workshop orthodontic appointments. Missing a visit can affect your treatment plan.
- Don’t eat foods that can damage your braces by getting stuck or bending the wires.
- Do replace your toothbrush every three months. As the toothbrush bristles wear down, your mouth won’t get as good of a cleaning.
- Don’t forget to wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth while playing sports.
- Do maintain a clean and healthy mouth throughout your dental treatment.
- Don’t eat too many sugary foods that could wear down your teeth and cause permanent damage.
- Do continue visiting your regular Smile Workshop dentist for cleanings and exams.
If you think that you or your child may need orthodontic treatment, check with your Smile Workshop dentist. He or she will refer you to an orthodontist who can help you. Schedule an appointment today at one of our eight locations in North Dallas, South Dallas, Denton, Cedar Hill, Hurst, Balch Springs, Amarillo and San Antonio or call us at 1-888-TEETH-04.