Are you looking for a local family dental practice? Smile Workshop is a full-service dental office that focuses on providing families with affordable dental care. When you and your family need any dental service, come to your local Smile Workshop. Our team treats and prevents all types of dental issues, the most dangerous of which is oral cancer.
Have you ever been screened for oral caner? Over 40,000 North Americans will get oral or throat cancer in 2013. Smile Workshop’s dentists screen all patients for oral cancer during dental cleanings. Assure yourself that you and your family show no signs of oral cancer by visiting Smile Workshop.
Some signs of mouth and throat cancer are:
– Unusually hard spots or lumps on your gums or cheeks.
– Rough or crusted spots in your mouth.
– Sores that regularly bleed and do not heal.
– Tender and painful gums.
– Oral numbness.
– Trouble chewing, swallowing, speaking or moving your jaw.
The best way to prevent oral and throat cancer is to keep your mouth clean. Thoroughly cleaning your mouth by brushing, flossing and rinsing will significantly reduce your chances of developing oral and throat cancer.
Smile Workshop and the American Dental Association (ADA) highly recommend:
– Brushing your teeth with a soft bristled toothbrush after every meal.
– Quitting any smoking or chewing tobacco immediately. (Tobacco products are horrible for your dental health).
– Using toothpaste that has fluoride in it.
– Flossing your teeth every day.
If you think you or a family member has any sign of developing oral cancer, call your local Smile Workshop. The longer you wait to do something about a possible sign of oral cancer, the greater the risk that it develops into a serious health issue. Don’t wait! We have locations in Dallas, Cedar Hill, Timber Creek, Denton, Balch Springs, Hurst, San Antonio and Amarillo. Schedule an appointment at your local Smile Workshop today.